POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug in texture_map : Re: bug in texture_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug in texture_map
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Sep 2001 12:27:34
Message: <3bab6a76@news.povray.org>
"Bonsai" <bon### [at] b0n541net> wrote in message
> "Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> > It's always been impossible to have more than 256 entries in a blend
map;
> > I'm not sure where the 128 you mention comes from.
>
> It may come from my example because I put in 2 blend map entries per loop.
> That's why POV-Ray gives a parse error after 128 loops in this scene.

Oh yeah, okay, I see that now.  I just through the number 0.0079 into the
calculator thinking 1/0.0079 (or 0.0078) would be around 128.  I ignored the
double entry.  It is of course still only just greater that 128 and 126
respectively.  So somethings wrong there when it crashes at >128.

Sorry Ron, I was sure you were the author of the cells pattern and I had no
idea you were not.  Just so everyone knows besides me know who did, that
would be John VanSickle.

Bob H.