POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug in texture_map : Re: bug in texture_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug in texture_map
From: Bonsai
Date: 21 Sep 2001 06:16:57
Message: <3bab1399@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> No, it must be a bug.  Either that or Ron hasn't let us know (via Help
docs)
> that the cells pattern can't use above 128 entries in a blend (color) map.

I think it's related to the texture_map:

see 6.7.5.1  Texture Maps:
"There may be from 2 to 256 entries in the map."

The error also occurs after changing cells to leopard or an other pattern
type.

I was also able to reproduce the crash in POV-Ray 3.1g *but* only under my
Win98 SE environment. So it's not a new thing.

So long,

Bonsai