POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - WIP : Re: The Well - WIP Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:11:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Well - WIP
From: Andrew Kothmann
Date: 20 Sep 2001 20:14:38
Message: <3baa866e@news.povray.org>
"Duncan Adamson" <dja### [at] docicacuk> wrote in message
> Unless this is a brand new or extremely well cared for ornamental well,
why
> not put some licken/moss/algae on it.

Good idea.  Although I would think that in a desert very little
moss/lichen/algea would grow.

> The bottom bricks are not mortared and yet the water level is above them.
> Why doesn't it come out the gaps?  Perhaps lower the water level or block
> the gaps.

Have you seen the inca stone work?  The blocks are all strange angles but
after several hundred years they still fit together so tight that you can't
get a razor blade between them.  Although the way I have the blocks set up
it doesn't look that good.  Anybody have a suggestion on how to change that?

> I don't know exactly the feel you are going for but unless the blocks are
> bought from a local builders merchant they should all be slightly
different
> colours.

Good point.  Texturing is not my strong point.

> By the way, how did you position the bricks - can you send me the source?
#declare ringoblocks = union {
#declare i = 0;
#while(i < 360)
// create a box that extends between the 2 specified points
object {
  Stone_B_01(BlockX, BlockY, BlockZ, BrickRound)
  //Stones adapted from Christoph Hormann's brick macro
  //modified and updated for POV 3.5
  translate <0, 1.08, -0.8>
  rotate y*i
}
#declare i = i + 30;
#end
}
object { ringoblocks }
object { ringoblocks translate y*0.15 rotate y*15}
object { ringoblocks translate y*0.3}

ps.  if Christoph or somone he knows is reading this:  If you want me to
remove the bricks and start from scratch just ask.  Sorry for any
inconvenience.