POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug in texture_map : bug in texture_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:16 EDT (-0400)
  bug in texture_map
From: Bonsai
Date: 20 Sep 2001 10:10:49
Message: <3ba9f8e9$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

my machine is a PIII 450 MHz, 128 MB RAM and WinNT 4.0 Service Pack 5,
POV-Ray 3.5 Beta 2

The following code gives a parse error: Blend_Map too long

// Start of code //
#version 3.5;
camera {location <10, 10, -10> look_at <0.5, 0.5, 0.5>}
light_source {<10, 10,-10> color rgb 1}

plane {<0, 1, 0>, 0
       texture {cells
                texture_map
                        {
                        #declare i = 0;
                        #while (i <= 1)
                          #declare my_color = color rgb i
                          [i pigment{my_color}]
                          #declare i = i + 0.0078;
                          [i pigment{my_color}]
                        #end
                        }
                }
        }
// End of code //

O.k. there are too many texture_map items.
Then I changed the #declare of "i" in the #while loop to:

#declare i = i + 0.0079;
                 ^^^^^^
Now there are no parsing errors but POV-Ray crashed immediately after the
render window appeared. After reloading POV-Ray and restarting the rendering
without any change on the scene file it renders fine. No problems. Very
strange! :-(

So long,

Bonsai