POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 test [58kbu] : Re: mesh2 test [58kbu] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 test [58kbu]
From: Mael
Date: 20 Sep 2001 02:48:04
Message: <3ba99124@news.povray.org>
> Ah, the happy Buddah, first 3D object to be "faxed". Tell me... Did you do
> this all in one pass or did you do 4 renders? Second, did you parse the
mesh
> 4 times for each position or did you just declare it once and tranform and
> copy it 4 times?

i render this in one pass, using a macro that center/scale an object an
render 4 views of it (using light_group, an orthographic camera, min &
max_extent, text object etc..). i will post the macro to p.b.s-f
The mesh is declared and then transformed for each view

the script is

#include "views.inc"

#declare buddha=object {#include "models\buddha.inc" pigment {color rgb
<.8,.6,.2>} finish {ambient .2 diffuse .8 specular .8 } }

Views(buddha,"back","left","right","front",yes,no,0)