POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : number of parameters in functions : Re: number of parameters in functions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: number of parameters in functions
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Sep 2001 11:39:28
Message: <3ba8bc30@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

>   #declare func=function{1+2+3}
>   #local New=function{func()}
>
> it stoped with note that operand expected (what is nonsense for me)

Well, it would help if at this point you would have RTFM:
The first one declared a function with _three_ parameters, the later tries
to pass _zero_ parameters.  It make ***not*** sense to have a function with
_zero_ parameters and thus it is not allowed.

> but I'm mad and I joined both as:
>
>   #declare func=function(h){h^h}
>   #local New=function{func(1)}
>   #declare func=function{1+2+3}
>   #local New=function{func()}

You are right that it should not crash, I will look into it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde