POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : First attempt at ripples (your comments,please) : Re: First attempt at ripples (your comments,please) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First attempt at ripples (your comments,please)
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Sep 2001 08:22:45
Message: <3ba88e15$1@news.povray.org>
"sshelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have been pondering this for many months, and then it suddenly came to
me.
> I use Moray with the Enzmann animation plugin. It took many hours of
> experimentation to get it the way I wanted it. I used a heightfield merged
> with a cube for the visable surface. Next I want to try to make it so you
> can see into the water better, while still seeing the sky, and then
multiple
> ripples happening at different times, criss-crossing each other.

If you use a number_of_waves [integer] in global_settings {} that should
create a random set of ripple origins.  I don't know Moray but unless you
set it yourself or the program did there ought to already be 10 origins by
default.

For getting a look into the water you'll want fade_color and fade_distance
or media or fog.  None of which is much good without underlying objects at
various depths.  Also, a specular highlight of the sunlight always enhances
the surface.

Bob H.