POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another shadow line problem : Re: Another shadow line problem Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another shadow line problem
From: Tek
Date: 17 Sep 2001 16:18:18
Message: <3ba65a8a@news.povray.org>
I believe this is caused by the fact that specular highlights are an
approximation to the real life effect. They don't exist in reality, so there's
no "right" way to do it. Phong gives a better approximation, but I'm pretty sure
I've had a similar (but less severe) effect with phong.

BTW, the real world effect is caused by imperfect reflections.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com