POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : UV Mapping Question : RE: UV Mapping Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  RE: UV Mapping Question
From: Arturo Gonzalez
Date: 17 Sep 2001 14:45:39
Message: <3ba644d3@news.povray.org>

3ba5ba6b@news.povray.org...
>   For some reason it seems to be a very common misconception that
uv-mapping
> is something "automatic", that you just take a mesh and "turn uv-mapping
on"
> and that's it.

Hi Warp,
Thanks a lot for your comments. I had no idea about the real neccessity of
uv_vectors. I thought that they were only useful for a better control of the
texturing. I'll try to find some documentation on the uv_mapping procedure
to understand it better. Sorry, I thought this was a little bug. Mmm... but
the bug's on my head! :-)

arthur