POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Sept. 11 - Inspired Render [80kbu] : Re: A Sept. 11 - Inspired Render [80kbu] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Sept. 11 - Inspired Render [80kbu]
From: Tony[B]
Date: 16 Sep 2001 00:51:16
Message: <3ba42fc4@news.povray.org>
> Fantastic image!

Thank you.

> only thing i have to critisize is the fog/haze...
> it makes it look like it is a early morning
> picture but if that is the case, then the
> lighting/sky is all wrong.

It's meant to be the dust/smoke left in the air from the collapsed
buildings. It's more symbollic than realistic.

> IMHO the grass looks like either astroturf
> or sod. so the grass looks realish.

Realistic grass ain't easy... even with the help of macros like Gilles. But
I agree it could use some work.

> also IMHO i'd have a person kneeling infront
> of one of the tombstones weeping,

Characters are the one thing that is sorely missing in my renders. I could
get Poser, or something...

> But i am not you and i do admit you
> are a far better artist than i am.

<blush>

> but Overall I'd say this is a stunning picture.

Again, thanks.

> and Thank you for the dedication to all
> who lost their lives on Sept 11...

It's the least I can do. I certainly can't do much else for America all the
way down here in Panama.