POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Q: Ambidextrous? : Re: Q: Ambidextrous? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Ambidextrous?
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 15 Sep 2001 23:45:51
Message: <3ba4206f@news.povray.org>
news:3b99d5b1@news.povray.org...
>   This has been a feature request for as long as I can remember (many
years).
> Why it still isn't an option in Moray is a great mystery.

My guess (perhaps far fetched) is that most other modellers use the
right-handed coordinate system.  Of course, I've never used any high-end
modelling programs (for obvious reasons), so this is just a big guess, based
on the fact that in general, games use the right-handed coordinate system,
so I'd assume that most 3D modelling packages do, too.  In fact, level
editing is one of the reasons I switched to Moray so easily, and am still
adjusting to POV (I found that switching the coordinate system made POV a
lot easier for me).

Having a left-handed mode for script junkies would be nice, though :-P

-Ian