POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Area Lights and Photons : Area Lights and Photons Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Area Lights and Photons
From: Topher
Date: 15 Sep 2001 17:41:53
Message: <3ba3cb21@news.povray.org>
I never tried this in MegaPov, but I just did in POV-Ray 3.5. When I make
the light an area light while admitting photons, I see the smooth shadows
but I get some very fragmented caustics. I tried doing one light as the area
light and one as photons, but then the shadows don't look right. Finally, I
tried making the photon light shadowless but this gets rid of all the
caustics all together. Is there a way to fix this? Or is a
shadowless_except_for_caustics thing needed?

Thank you for your time.