POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Fisheye camera behavior : Re: Fisheye camera behavior Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fisheye camera behavior
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Sep 2001 10:48:59
Message: <3ba36a5b@news.povray.org>
In article <3ba28233@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

> "Ron Parker" wrote:
>> But it does give a circular image.  It just doesn't look
>> circular on your monitor because you have square pixels.
>> As has been noted before: aspect ratio and image size
>> ratio are only the same on some media.
>
> You have missed the point. What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the
> actual resolution of the image, but about the aspect ratio set using the up
> and right vectors. The point is that you should be able to get a circular
> fisheye even if your image isn't square (again, "square" has nothing to do
> with the actual resolution, but about the aspect ratio set using the up and
> right vectors).
>
> This has always been the philosophy with other camera types such as
> perspective and orthographic, so why should fisheye not follow that?
> Remember that my proposed solution does not remove any functionality, only
> expand.

Hmm, at least to me it is not clear how you think it should behave.  Could
you post two small images, one that shows how it works now and one edited
(obviously not rendered) version of it that shows how you think it should
look like?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde