POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth Triangle. (107kbs) : Re: Smooth Triangle. (107kbs) - round_triangle.jpg [1/1] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth Triangle. (107kbs) - round_triangle.jpg [1/1]
From: 25ct
Date: 14 Sep 2001 17:55:02
Message: <3ba27cb6@news.povray.org>
"Jamie Davison" <jam### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote in message
> > > That was going to be my next suggestion, but I had to log off as
someone
> > > else wanted to use the phone line, and by the time the line was
> > > available, I was asleep...
> >
> >      Well yeah, I'd already thought of cylinders and 3 spheres, but I
can't
> > move cylinders! Eek!  I find them really hard to move.... I don't know
what
> > it is, am I missing something? Can anyone give me a way of moving these
> > easily??
> >
> >      What do you do?
>
> I use Moray :)
>
> I've attached a quick example of a CSG rounded triangle I put together in
> about five minutes in Moray.  It consists of three Torii, three
> Cylinders, six Cubes, and six CSG's - three differences, and three
> unions.

     Thanks Jamie, that's the sort of thing I intended to do in the first
place, but with glass. It didn't quite come out that way though. Great image
for 5 minutes. I haven't got Moray at the moment, but with some of the
others suggestions, I'll give something else a go. Thanks for your time,
it's helped me.

   ~Steve~

[image]