POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SAP splash animation (413 kbu DivX4) : Re: REPOST SAP splash animation (413 kbu DivX4) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REPOST SAP splash animation (413 kbu DivX4)
From: Jetlag
Date: 14 Sep 2001 13:14:44
Message: <3ba23b04$1@news.povray.org>
"Karl Pelzer" <Kar### [at] nospamt-onlinede> wrote in message
> Nope!
>
> It's all right. I'm not sure how widely the codecs are spread. I've just
> chosen 4.01 because it is a non-beta version.

"I've also been talking with the developers of DivX4 and it looks as they're
still heavily working on the codec despite the final stage. ... The final
release was more a marketing decision than a development decision, as some
companies do not consider codecs that are labeled beta no matter how good they
are."

That's a quote from an article on a major divxing site, and its the reason I'm
reluctant to get the codec just yet.