POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Warfare topic : Re: Warfare topic Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:44:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warfare topic
From: Tek
Date: 13 Sep 2001 18:18:31
Message: <3ba130b7@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3ba07380@news.povray.org...
>   Newspapers and television are full of live images as well as pictures and
> 3D renderings. I see no problems in making rendered versions of the events
> for the contest. Renderings of big catastrophes have been submitted before.

True, but not usually whilst people are so distressed about those catastrophes.
Speaking for myself I would have no objection to people rendering these events,
but then I'm not one of the many people directly affected by these events. I
certainly won't be entering such a topical image, for fear of causing serious
offence.

That said, surely the whole point of the competition is that people get to
express their opinion of your image. If you make an image that people consider
in bad taste this will be reflected in the voting and the comments.

On the whole I don't mind if the topic is changed or not. Though I have come up
with a great idea for a scene (not related to the WTC incedent). I'm sure I can
adapt it if the topic changes.

Cheers.

--
Tek