POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parallel lights? : Re: Parallel lights? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel lights?
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 13 Sep 2001 16:46:02
Message: <3ba11b0a$1@news.povray.org>
The engines look like they are at different angles because this is a
wide angle shot.  The camera angle is very high.  I wanted to the
airplane
to fill the shot but have the entire wingspan visible at the same time.
    I did some research on the flak.  There were varying amounts of flak
and
I believe in many situations there was even more flak then what I
rendered.
Pilots described, "seas of flak," and I saw a couple pictures showing
this
as well.
    Yes the city lights are unrealistic.  I know many cities turned
their
lights to avoid becoming targets.  In London they dimmed the downtown
area
and lit up the docks on the eastern side real bright trying to divert
attention from the city and confuse the enemy bombers.  I did square
blocks
because they looked more dramatic and fit better with the wide camera
angle.  I thought a lone bomber would be more dramatic as well.

Skip

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (2 KB)