POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug with large image sizes (Win?) : Re: Bug with large image sizes (Win?) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with large image sizes (Win?)
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Date: 12 Sep 2001 10:40:52
Message: <3b9f73f4$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
. . .

> Speaking of the Linux beta, for whatever the information is worth I'd
> like to point out that the under-development Linux version of 3.5 was
> more than happy to render at least the first 300 lines of a 4000x30000
> PNG of a randomly-chosen test image.

. . .

That means, then, it is a bug in the Windows version and not the core.  When
I tried it under Windows, it didn't even try.  Of course, I'm not planning
on rendering an image that large, but I do render 16000 x 12000 images, and
that fails too.  If I turn of the display, it works fine, though.  I'll just
have to remember to do that for the time being.  What would be nice is that
if the render window fails, WINPOV automagically shuts off the render
display.

Michael