POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : UV mapping with rhino exported scene - 3.5 : Re: UV mapping with rhino exported scene - 3.5 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping with rhino exported scene - 3.5
From: Anoop
Date: 12 Sep 2001 06:09:40
Message: <3b9f3464@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3b9dbb77@news.povray.org>...
>Renato Oliveira <war### [at] bolcombr> wrote:
>: And there is no way to use the mesh information that I already have
>: specify the uv mapping?
>
>  How would you map triangle vertices to texture coordinates?
>  POV-Ray can't know this. It has to be told. For each vertex you
have to say
>which texture coordinates to use.

True, unfortunately. But (depending on what you want and whether
you're willing to go through extra programs) you can try this (should
work partially):
    1. Re-export your mesh in one of the common formats (3ds/obj etc)
preferrably obj.
    2. Use uvmapper  (www.uvmapper .com - also has tutorial on how to
use it ) or lithiumunwrap (http://www.geocities.com/lithunwrap/) to
'paint' your required texture/image.
    3. Convert to pov using objuvpov

Depending on what exactly it is you want to do, there may be other
'solutions'

Hope this helps (and isn't too tedious :))'
-Anoop