POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassware (80k) : Re: Glassware (80k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassware (80k)
From: Batronyx
Date: 11 Sep 2001 22:52:27
Message: <3b9ecdeb$1@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> As real as this looks, something tells my brain it isn't. I wonder what?
>[snip]

It's the table top. The subtle reflection of the vases is *too* perfect. A small
bump or something to break it up just a bit would improve it. And for a nice
shiny new table like this, I think something very subtle would do. Just enough
to cancel out the equally subtle perfection. A smudged fingerprint or a small
scratch or two somewhere wouldn't hurt either.

I must add though, since I spend more time 'studying' photorealistic techniques
than actually 'practicing' them, my observation is more from analysis and
observation than experience. I hope one day I can demonstrate skills of your
level.

--
Batronyx ^"^