POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Fisheye camera behavior : Re: Fisheye camera behavior Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fisheye camera behavior
From: Rune
Date: 11 Sep 2001 04:25:53
Message: <3b9dca91@news.povray.org>
"Ken" wrote:
> There is some debate going on whether the current implementation of
> the fishey and omnimax camera types is correct.

I think they should be circular, i.e. not touch all four sides of the image,
except if the up and right vectors are equally long (omnimax should of
course never touch the bottom).

But I'd like to take the fisheye camera further. I'd like to be able to
specify the radius of the black border in degrees, so I can decide myself if
I want it to be small or large, or so large that it isn't visible in the
image at all. I'm fairly sure this is possible and not too hard to
implement. The angle could be specified right after the fisheye keyword.

I've always thought that the fisheye camera would be many times more
interesting if I could get that black border to disappear, and have the
scene fill out the entire view!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)