POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug with large image sizes (Win?) : Bug with large image sizes (Win?) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with large image sizes (Win?)
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Date: 11 Sep 2001 00:38:16
Message: <3b9d9538@news.povray.org>
I was trying out the two heightfield examples in textures/patterns
(slopemt.pov and mountain.pov) and decided to run the height field files at
a large size.  In doing so, I accidently entered the following:

    +w4000 +h30000

When the render window came up, I got a message box saying "Initialize
display - Fatal Error" and the usual "StretchDIBits() failed ! (Windows
error) in the render window.  I expected that (that is a *really* big image,
after all) but what I didn't expect was the following error in the message
tab:

    Possible File Init Error: libpng: No IDTAs written into file
    File Init Error: Cannot write PNG file.

I can understand Windows balking at such a large image, but libpng
shouldn't.  IIRC, 30000 is well within the acceptable dimensions for PNG
files.

Michael

Win98SE, AMD Athlon 700, 192 MB RAM, POV-Ray 3.5b1