POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassware (80k) : Re: Glassware (80k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassware (80k)
From: Y
Date: 10 Sep 2001 19:54:43
Message: <3b9d52c3@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake"  wrote
: I guess I'll come to your defence:-) I too feel that it still looks a bit
: rendered. I think it has to do with the focal blur in the background the
: fuzzy edge of the table doesn't look quite right. But otherwise it is the
: best glass I have ever scene.
:
  I think you hit it, Thomas ... of course, in RL, we don't notice the
focal blur ... our eyes adjust and bring each section we view in focus.
But it seems even too much for a photograph, exp with the scene being
as bright as it is.  You would expect to have a high f-stop and a large
depth-of-field.  That's what gives me that "feeling" that Tony talks of.

Having said that .... it's beautiful !!!!!