POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Programming Help Wanted : Programming Help Wanted Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Programming Help Wanted
From: michael k
Date: 10 Sep 2001 18:16:38
Message: <3b9d3bc6@news.povray.org>
Hi all

Can anyone help me with the following?

I want to be able to read in an image and store the colour information for
each pixel in an array.

#declare ImageArray = array[ImageWidth][ImageHeight][3] // 3 = RGB

As far as I can see this could be done with the File I/O functions in POV,
but I don't know enough to be able to write what is needed to decode an
image format and populate the array.  I'm not too bothered about which image
format is used as it's easy enough to convert as required.
Any help with this will be most appreciated, and of course credited where it
is used:)

Thanks in advance

Michael