POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : For Thorsten : Re: For Thorsten Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Thorsten
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Sep 2001 15:20:30
Message: <3b9d127e@news.povray.org>
In article <3B9CAB79.B4A3D7D4@telia.com> , Tom Stone <tom### [at] teliacom>
wrote:

Thank you very much for this list!!

> 1: There isn't any sound when a rendering is finished, even though I've
> selected it in the prefs.

I will see what is going on and fix it.

> 2: I've got a message of a memory leakage when rendering glasses.pov.

Yes, I forgot to turn memory debugging off (some internal stuff).  Just
ignore those messages, they have no meaning for users and there is no need
to worry about them.

> 3: In the message above, the line "-- [AnimFrame] file#:'glasses.tga'
> frame#:0 clock:0 "
> is preceeded by a question mark icon. Is that correct?
> And should it say "[AnimFrame]" when it isn't an animation that I'm
> rendering?

I wanted to remove this part anyway.  Thanks for reminding me.

> 4: What software is needed to read the .doc files that are in the
> Inc.demos? Also, it don't seem like they contain very much as their
> sizes are mostly less than 4Kb.

An editor that is able to read plain text files and that you can force to
read any file as text (i.e. BBEdit Lite).  The problem is that files ending
with.doc tend to be forced to be opened by M$ Word when they arrive on my
system.  I just overlooked those and didn't fix them.

> 5: In the Output pane in the scenefile settings, the "Save histogram" is
> always dimmed, except for the numbers in the editfelds which is
> undimmed.

This is correct.  The numbers just appear "undimmed" depending on the theme
settings you are using, but they are in fact dimmed.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde