POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Focke Wulf TA 400 (reply to Jozef Gatial) : WIP - Focke Wulf TA 400 (reply to Jozef Gatial) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  WIP - Focke Wulf TA 400 (reply to Jozef Gatial)
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 10 Sep 2001 15:16:04
Message: <3b9d1174@news.povray.org>
Hello, this is my first to the POV groups so bare with me.  I saw Jozef
Gatial's post above and I had to follow.  Jozef and I both post images
to Luft 46 featuring German WWII concept design aircraft.  What got my
attention is that Jozef uses the same setup as I do: modeling in
Rhinoceros and then rendering in Mega POV (soon to be 3.5).

Jozef, in reply to your previous post:  How big are your meshes?  Mine
are enormous and take a 15 minutes to parse.  What do you use to create
your textures and what method to align them?  Your texture detail far
surpasses mine.  I throw some textures together in Paint Shop Pro with
cylindrical mapping for the fuselage and planar mapping for the airfoils
and control surfaces.  The Focke Wulf bomber that I is shown here in my
opinion is far too large to throw that kind of detail into it.  Perhaps
next time around I will choose a smaller model and one better
documented.  Do you know of any other Luft Artists who use POV?  I know
a few use 3DSMAX.

Skip Talbot
sta### [at] uiucedu

Post a reply to this message