POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Making shadows and making more visible wall texture : Re: Making shadows and making more visible wall texture Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making shadows and making more visible wall texture
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Sep 2001 03:28:38
Message: <3b9c6ba6@news.povray.org>
"Wade" <Zav### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Do I need to inverse the ceiling?  And how do I shorten the shadows?

Don't know what's going on that you might need to inverse the ceiling, no
media in there and normals shouldn't matter.
To shorten shadows you just need to narrow the area light axis lengths
(<8,0,0>,<0,0,8> smaller numbers there) or move the light farther away if
you can.  In v3.5 you can also use the parallel keyword in the light which
will shorten shadows in a way too.
Looks to me like you have the light far outside the room walls.

Don't scale by zero, BTW.  Use a very small number if you must but zero gets
changed to 1 and causes a warning message.

Bob H.