POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio : Re: bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug: render window doesn't preserve image aspect ratio
From: Redbeard (MDJohnson)
Date: 9 Sep 2001 00:11:23
Message: <3b9aebeb$2@news.povray.org>
I, too, often maximize the render window.  And have frequently wished it
would preserve the aspect ratio.  Even if you render with the 4/3 ratio, it
is slightly distorted because of the title bar.

I have a few reasons for maximizing the window, BTW.  It makes small
previews larger.  It makes large renders smaller.  I don't have a viewer
(right now, anyway) that will show partial images, so that doesn't work for
me (at the moment).  And I tend to maximize most of my windows, anyway, and
use ALT-Tab to switch between them.  Especially on this ancient monitor I
have at home.

My two cents...

Michael

Thanks POV-Team!