POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash in winME : Re: crash in winME Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash in winME
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 8 Sep 2001 16:29:59
Message: <3b9a7fc7$1@news.povray.org>
"Elias Pschernig" <eli### [at] aonat> wrote in message
> Stopping during parsing seems to crash for me. If nobody can reproduce it,
> take it it's time for a re-install for me :) Anyway, here's my report:

Put down that Windows ME CD.  It happened to me, too.

I'm running POV 3.5b1 on a Pentium II 400MHz with 256MB RAM and Windows 2000
Professional with Service Pack 2.

It takes me quite a few tries to reproduce it (around 14 for the first time
I did it), but it still happens.  I've found that the crash can be bypassed
by a program such as CrashProof, and POV will still work fine afterwards.

-Ian