POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Translation question : Re: Translation question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translation question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Sep 2001 15:26:40
Message: <3b9a70f0@news.povray.org>
In article <3b9a6ab7@news.povray.org> , "Patrick Dugan"
<pat### [at] netinsnet> wrote:

> and there are no errors reported with the declares now, but I know that
> doesn't mean they are right.  Povray now reports that the function statement
> within the isosurface is wrong and despite trying my best (which isn't much
> at best.) I cannot get this working.  Can anyone show me what the whole
> thing SHOULD look like?

The documentation would obviously the first place to look into for help:

In particular section 3.4.4, 6.1.6.x, 6.5.4.x and of course the sample
scenes that come with the beta.

The short answer to your problem is to simply remove the quotes.  For the
time of the beta version they have a different meaning that is not relevant
for the operation of POV-Ray.

    Thorsten