POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash when redeclaring a function : Re: crash when redeclaring a function Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash when redeclaring a function
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Date: 8 Sep 2001 05:59:32
Message: <3b99ec04$1@news.povray.org>
"Elias Pschernig" <eli### [at] aonat> wrote:

> #local F = function { x }
> #local F = function { x }

Athlon 600MHz, Win2000 Advanced Server, 196Mb Ram

Povray crashes / exits with no warnings or messages. Also:

1. I had when last working the files a.pov, and b.inc open.
2. Close them, open and render abyss.pov.
3. Make a new file, put the above in and click Run, select Yes to save and
render the same happens...

But on restarting povray I have files a.pov and b.inc open, not abyss.pov
and untitles.pov...

This happens consistently on repeated attempts.

 -- Nikodemus