POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Win install : Re: Win install Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win install
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 8 Sep 2001 01:25:14
Message: <3b99abba@news.povray.org>
> My Start menu set-up is something like (tree is top-down)
>
> Start
>   Programs
>     Multimedia
>       Winamp
>       Irfanview
>       Quicktime
>     Graphics Creation
>       Paint Shop Pro
>       POV-Ray
> etc. (all of these are folders)

I used to do that, and still do religiously with my bookmarks, but after a
while and after a few OS reinstalls I gave up. Now I just rename any
particularly annoying folder names and, like you, add version numbers where
they make sense. Part of the reason was installing Office 2000, I never
could keep my start menu clean after installing that bugger.