POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity activation : Re: Radiosity activation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity activation
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 8 Sep 2001 01:11:23
Message: <3b99a87b@news.povray.org>
>   Anyone knows a *good* reason that I can't figure out?

I've always assumed it was because radiosity is an experimental feature.
True it has been part of Pov-Ray for a long time now but that has more to do
with Pov's long development cycles. Whenever you render a scene it always
warns you that it is experimental, and no backwards compatibility is
promised. How about Tony[B]'s Beta intro,

"Photons and dispersion rule! And if you've used MegaPOV before, you should
know how this all works. Radiosity is faster, easier to use/understand, and
looks a lot nicer than in 3.1. It's still experimental though, so keep that
in mind when creating your scenes. "

Of course if this explanation were a law then media should also use a
switch.