POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : a access problem as NT-User : Re: a access problem as NT-User Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a access problem as NT-User
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Sep 2001 23:18:58
Message: <3b998e22@news.povray.org>
> Well, you could have the program could look in both HKCU and HKLM. Then if

What I intend to do is this: if the user is an administrator (or any user if
on W95/98/ME), I will create 'template' entries in the HKLM hive that are there
to be copied into the HKCU hive the first time POV is run under a user account
that doesn't have the HKCU entries for POVWIN.

If the installing user doesn't have write permission to HKLM, only the HKCU
entry will be made.

-- Chris