POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grime example : Re: Grime example [100kbu] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grime example [100kbu]
From: Bob H
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:18:11
Message: <3b993993@news.povray.org>

news:3B987296.5F6EB3C5@atosorigin.com...

> You have to offset the picture map by an half in the vertical
> direction to have it correctly.
>
> How was it done ?
> I'm guessing some iso/function ?

Oh yeah, well I didn't try to mimic the original, just took the jpeg and put
2 by 4 copies into a new image file.  So when applied as a spherical image
map that was the outcome.

It's a spherical isosurface, this is to say I used x*x+y*y+z*z for the
sphere then subtracted the image map from that.  Sort of.  Actual thing:

#declare Slope_T=
texture {
         slope {
                y,.3+.3*clock,1
                altitude y,0,1
                }

    texture_map {
        [0.0 Polished ]
        [0.9-(0.89*clock) Shiney ]
        [0.99-(0.7*clock) Dulled ]
        [0.999-(0.5*clock) Dulled ]
        [1.0 Oxidized ]
    }
}

isosurface {
        function {
                (x*x+y*y+z*z)^3 - (P1(x,y,z).gray)
        }
 contained_by {sphere {0,1}}
// evaluate 5,500,0.99
 max_gradient 40
 accuracy 0.02

texture {Slope_T}

  rotate -90*clock*y
}

Less the rest of the scene script.  POV 3.5 beta.

Bob H.