POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:06:18
Message: <3b9936ca@news.povray.org>
H.M. "David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> could provide the scene file for the splash screen image.  I really like
> that.  The .dat files provided are usually either quick tests (and
> sometimes ugly) or very old.  Let's show what POV-Ray can really do.

 Your wishes are orders for me!

  But, I think as Rune that basic demo scenes must remain simple. I also
think that the /advanced folder can grow a bit. Anyhow, although I'm really
proud that H.M. likes the splash image, it is not really a good demo for
3.5, and not even for 3.1. If I remember well, it was 3.0 code, but I
translated it for the splash render to 3.5 pre-beta. Also, Gilles is
completely right, and "serious" scenes would require render times that
perhaps will discourage the new user. It's a great dilema...