POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Another minor windows whine : Re: Another minor windows whine Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another minor windows whine
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Sep 2001 13:38:43
Message: <3b990623@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message news:3b98dc3b@news.povray.org...
> Given that there is now only one help file, is it still nec. to have two "help"
> buttons on the interface?

Technically, no, but I don't see any harm in it.

> Also, and BTW, installing the 3.5 beta buggers up (technical term) the help
> buttons for 3.1 (pov and megapov) - they try and open help in the 3.5 directory.

I can't duplicate this. I have three machines (all W2K) with both versions installed
and the 3.1 help still works. In fact I can't even begin to imagine how it could -not-
work, given that the two versions use different directories and completely different
parts of the registry.

-- Chris