POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Very minor feature request : Re: Very minor feature request Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very minor feature request
From: Tom Melly
Date: 7 Sep 2001 12:21:31
Message: <3b98f40b$1@news.povray.org>
news:3b98ed79@news.povray.org...
> In article <3B9866BC.29D96A02@unforgettable.com> , Xplo Eristotle
> <inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:
>
> OK, that is it!  You know, you think you are an "expert user" and in reality
> have no clue, yet you keep complaining for no reason other than it seems to
> be fun to get back at developers (and no big company would even bother to
> reply).

People, people, tempers, please.

I could be wrong, since this is IMHO, but I don't think Xplo meant his/her
remarks to be overly-critical. I think you mistook humour for sniping.

I think it goes without saying that everyone contributing to this group is full
of admiration for the work of those who have developed 3.5 and its various
interfaces. It also goes without saying that developers are understandably
sensitive when they feel their efforts are being criticised, and both developers
and contributors need to recognise this. All user-posts to this group, IMHO,
come with an invisible sig. that reads "and btw, fantastic work...."

> You know why there aren't keyboard shortcuts for everything, and in fact
> there don't need to be keyboard shortcuts at all?  It is because they are
> effectively _slower_ than using the mouse.  Users wouldn't believe it (so
> maybe they are stupid after all? ;-) and Apple had to put them in just to
> keep people quiet.  Nevertheless, they are completely inefficient!  So,
> please stop this nonsense discussion now.

Ahh! Now I see why you didn't want to discuss it ;)

>  If you don't like how the program
> works, don't use it.

Yeh pov sucks. I'm going back to paintbrush....