POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Copy pane broken. : Re: Copy pane broken. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copy pane broken.
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Sep 2001 02:52:13
Message: <3b986e9d@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> I found this once before and it turned out to be a bug in Notepad, not
> in POV.  Unless this is something entirely different.

I've done some looking into this, and have found the following:

  Notepad and various other Microsoft programs (Word, Wordpad) will paste using
  the contents of the 'OEM Text' data in the clipboard, and ignore the contents
  of any 'Text' data.

  Multi-Edit (my programmer's editor), Microsoft Visual Studio, C++Builder,
  Photoshop, and POV-Ray for Windows itself, paste using 'text' and ignore
  'OEM Text'.

The reason that the 'Text' apps can co-operate with the 'OEM Text' apps is that
when they copy data to the clipboard, they place it there in -both- 'Text' and
'OEM Text' format.

So I'll just have to do the same. Sigh.

-- Chris