POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Doc] Various petty whinnings:) : [Doc] Various petty whinnings:) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  [Doc] Various petty whinnings:)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 6 Sep 2001 20:46:37
Message: <3b9818ed@news.povray.org>
Specs:
    PIII 800Mhz
    128MB SDRAM
    Windows 2000

Pov Ver:
    Pov-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta 1

Bugs:

---

In section "6.6 Interior"

    New with POV-RAY 3.1 is an object modifier statement called interior.

This sentence makes it seem as though 3.1 is the current version, perhaps it
could be changed to something like "the object modifier interior, introduced
in ver 3.1", or leave it out completely since it is kinda old news. A
similar things can be found in:

6.5  Objects
"The 'Interior' is a new feature in Pov-Ray 3.1",

6.2.2.1  Declaring identifiers
Although these limits have been loosened somewhat for POV-Ray 3.1, they
still exist

9.2.2  Can I convert my POV-Ray scenes to another format?

For POV-Ray 3.1 and newer: There is unfortunately not much you can do. There
is no real versatile program yet, that can read (and convert) POV-Ray 3.1
scripts (except for POV-Ray itself :-).

---

6.5.1.13 Text

In an example bit of code.

text {
    ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-Ray 3.1" 1, 0
                             ^^^^^
    pigment { Red }
  }

Stupid I know, but someone else pointed out a similar thing in one of the
example scene files.

---