POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Black spots in my glass : Black spots in my glass Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Black spots in my glass
From: Hershel Robinson
Date: 6 Sep 2001 05:02:13
Message: <3b973b95@news.povray.org>
I am working on a simple image, with a light blue background and a union of
interconnected glass balls and cylinders in the foreground.  It is almost
exactly what I want, but there is one problem.  At almost all of the
connections of the cylinders to the spheres, I am seeing black.

How can I fix this?  By the way, I can not move the camera, nor change the
background much--this image is being used for a web page.

Furthermore, I need to translate this image into a GIF so I can have an
invisible background, so I am using +FN8 in the command line options
(Windows version) which I believe creates a 256 color image which can be
transformed into a GIF without destroying it.  That part, anyhow, seems to
be working.

I am using a glass texture and then a glass-like finish over it simply
because that created the effect I want--I want the glass parts to appear
almost translucent.  This is the background for a web page, so I want it
very subtle.  Mind you, however, I am a newbie with POV-Ray and actually
have no idea what I am doing.  I just put the finish in there and it looked
good, so I left it. :)

Thanks,
Hershel

PS: Here is my code (there is more to it than this, but this is enough to
see the problem):

#include "colors.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

light_source

  <-100, 00, 0>
//  color Blue * Intensity
  color White   shadowless
}

#declare SphiraCamera = camera { location <0,-1.5,-18>
                      look_at <0,-1.5,0>
}

camera {SphiraCamera}

plane { z , 2