POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : First impressions... : First impressions... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  First impressions...
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 5 Sep 2001 15:02:44
Message: <3b9676d4@news.povray.org>
hmm... skyvase.pov (1024x768, aa 0.3) went from 77 (optimized compile) to 62
seconds (3.5beta1)!!! :)

The hyperbolic trig functions don't seem to function, ie,

camera {
 location <0,0,-5>
 look_at 0
}

#declare C = cosh(1);
sphere {y*C,1 pigment {color rgb 1} finish {ambient 1}}

Parse Error: Expected 'RValue to declare', cosh found instead

Also, with height_fields, "smooth" works, but "smooth on" gives the error:

Parse Error: No matching } in 'height_field', float function 'on' found
instead

One other quick comment, would it be possible to specify the size of the
pictures used in the insert menu?  Say, if someone wanted to do even larger
renders of them?  I mean, other than changing the images.ini file in the
insert menu?  (This is actually a trivial request, not really important, but
it would be nice to change this with the gui).

Other than that, looks great!  Thanks for your work,and glad we can now
enjoy 3.5!

...Chambers