POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Pov-Ray 3.5 - the Yeti has been sighted! : Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 - the Yeti has been sighted! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:59:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray 3.5 - the Yeti has been sighted!
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 4 Sep 2001 21:57:11
Message: <3b958677@news.povray.org>
Dave Dunn wrote in message <3B9### [at] aolcom>...
>> If you feel like tweaking files, you can probably create a sphere
sweep in
>> MegaPOV and save it as an include file, then use the little-known
Moray
>> "include" feature to bring the file in. From there it would be a
matter of
>> changing executables by hitting F9. The only question is if MegaPOV
would give

That's really interesting - it could allow all sort of stuff (like
landscapes from terragen, organic work from HamaPatch etc. But it
wouldn't display properly, if I'm correct, so maybe a problem
integrating it.
Or, perhaps you could use 'stand-ins'. I remember a previous thread a
few months back, when I was trying out Moray - and I did  have
reasonable success with it. I believe even the tree-plugin does (did?)
something similar.

>> check out Mike Weber's B-Spline plugin, available in the Moary
Plugins section
>> of their site. It ibehaves kind of like a sphere sweep, and
actually has more
>> options in terms of object shapes.

OTOH it doesn't have the options of variable radius which, perhaps,
would be what Jamie is really interested. (Perhaps could be suggested
to him:))
But, using your idea of includes with HamaPatch (incidentally I just
saw - in the last irtc round, the 2nd prize winner - aseafort - used
almost totally sPatch, the predecessor of HamaPatch, and MP0.7!)  we
should be able to get some complicated objects which Moray definitely
cannot do alone (involving, in Rhino terminology, lofting, skinning,
extruding_along_one_rail, extruding_along_two_rails etc) And both
HamaPatch and the amloft plugin are free!

Regards,
-Anoop