POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mountain chase : Re: Mountain chase Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountain chase
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 4 Sep 2001 08:50:40
Message: <3b94ce20@news.povray.org>
"Mahalis" <don### [at] fakeycom> wrote in message
>The mountains are just a height field and the ships are triangle meshes.
Rendered in Pov 3.1, no radiosity settings. Comments? Suggestions? >I'm
really not sure what to do with the image next...

If you smoothed the height field and rendered with anti aliasing it'd look
much better.

Maybe raise the camera a bit. The texture  on the mountains makes them look
like
very smooth plastic, try dropping the specular/phong value down.

Are the ships attacking the sphere? If so add some weapons to the ships

And please don't post here in html

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*