POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grime example : Re: Grime example (and a POV one) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grime example (and a POV one)
From: Bob H
Date: 31 Aug 2001 08:40:40
Message: <3b8f85c8@news.povray.org>
"Daniel Matthews" <lig### [at] bigpondnetau> wrote in message
news:787### [at] 3-enet...
> This image, (not done in POV!!) is close to what I am trying to learn how
> to achieve in POV, or even in a POVMan shader.
>
> Would anyone like to take the displacement map and try to do one of these
> standard grime balls, using POV or MPOV?

Sure, I'll post the animation at povray.binaries.animations after posting
here.

It's not real good, partly because I couldn't get the isosurface perfect
enough, some kind of camera aligned texture offset that I wasn't able to get
rid of without messing up the physical structure of the iso.

I used the grid image you posted for the displacement but it isn't as large
as the one you apparently used.
Anyway, your "grime" sphere seems to have more diversity of texture, mine is
simply a spherical texture map.  Either that or I'm seeing reflections of
the patina in some of the pockets.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: