POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : --- : Re: Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re:
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 30 Aug 2001 07:46:39
Message: <3b8e279f@news.povray.org>
For whiskey 4.jpg I made the following exact changes to the files you
posted:
Turned off radiosity
Scale the glass larger by 3
Raised the camera location to location  < 2.424,-5.483, 5.253>
Change background colour to white "background{color<1,1,1>}"
Change max_trace_level to 100 (probably way higher than it needs to be but I
wanted to be sure to eliminate that problem)
And finally in the Glass2 texture in whiskey.inc, change the pigment to
color rgbf <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9>

If you want the light to appear darker use attenuation rather than changing
the filter component (It also makes the shadow look better)

Actually I have been playing with glass textures quite a bit this past week
and I find I prefer some of the MegaPOV options.  I rendered this one for
you last night (1h55min, photons, no radiosity (sorry to all ye radiosity
lovers, I haven't had much luck with it yet :( ))

Reply if you want some info on the MegaPOV settings I've been using

-tgq

"Paragon" <use### [at] hostcom> wrote in message news:3b8d397a@news.povray.org...
> Actually, I have had some success with the tips you gave me, but how you
> achieved the glass in whiskey4.jpg is eluding me...is it possible for you
> post the scene files for that render (or the updated MegaPOV files if
that's
> the case)?
>
> Thanks
> -Paragon