POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP2: Slowly coming along + Question of bounding : WIP2: Slowly coming along + Question of bounding Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  WIP2: Slowly coming along + Question of bounding
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 29 Aug 2001 14:47:24
Message: <3b8d38bc@news.povray.org>
Well here is an updtaed version of the image I posted on 12/08/01. I have
played with the water a bit - still not overly happy. And the tree and grass
are supplied by Gilles Trans Macros.

I have ommitted the clouds as something strange happens when the tree is in
the scene and I wondered if anyone could answer why?

1. When I have the clouds and no tree in the scene it renders as normal.

2. If I have the tree and no clouds it renders as it should, flying through
until it hits the tree, but then still making a good pace.

3. If I have both then the render goes at 0pps from the start - it is this
that gives me the problems and I can't understand why.

I tried manual bounding and that then helped the scene render quickly until
it got to the tree bounding box and then it went very slow as the tree
doesn't like being bounded as a whole.

I was just wondering why 3. happens as it is bugging me. BTW the clouds are
a difference of two spheres to make a shell. Dunno if that helps?

Kev

http://perso.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: