POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Skinning tutorials : Re: Skinning tutorials Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skinning tutorials
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 29 Aug 2001 11:25:33
Message: <3b8d096d@news.povray.org>
Hi Axe,

>Thanks a lot for those.  The only program that seemed
useful for Pov was
>Materializer.  Unfortunately it kept crashing :`(

Sorry to hear about that. But I'd have thought that doing
this would be a
snip in something like AC3D (can save in pov format) or
Anim8or (saves in 3ds format which you can convert to pov
using 3dwin. More powerful than AC3D but slightly tedious
'modular' way of working.) Even lithunwrap/uvmapper with
3dWin. Still...

>But, while searching around hotbot.com I came across this
URL...

>http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/bottle.html

Thanks. Had come across it myself quite some time back but
had tucked it in a corner & forgotten about it. Should come
in useful now as I dig deeper into povray.

That's (the model) nice work for a beginner (??). (And
there's no reason
that the map should move when you move the object if you
have uvmapped it) Incidentally, I suppose you know about the
mesh (3ds/obj, I think) import plugin by Enzmann. AFAIK you
can use it to import meshes which can be used in CSG.

Also this might interest you:
http://www1.sphere.ne.jp/mizno/ : Metasequioa which has some
very nice features. Also it can be used with Hamapatch which
does very nice organic/sketch-design work.

Regards,
-Anoop