POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) : Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Aug 2001 04:22:02
Message: <3b8a032a@news.povray.org>
"Steven Pigeon" <pig### [at] iroumontrealca> wrote in message

> The dragon would need scales. Not exactly easy to get right...
> I've joined a middle-age-like drawing of a dragon, for inspiration, maybe
:-)
> and a few periodic tiles that may look ok for dragon skin.

I've got a bump map with scales. I was using the bump map, but removed
it to try and save memory, thinking the difference wouldn't be visible, but
it is.

> And, while you're at it, why not make it guard precious dragon balls ?

Had some treasure. It looked terrible so I removed it.

> > Caption for the image:
> >  "Don't worry so much. There hasn't been a dragon here for years."
>
> Famous last words?

Yup.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*