POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : test with depth of field : Re: test with depth of field Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: test with depth of field
From: Y
Date: 26 Aug 2001 16:29:43
Message: <3b895c37@news.povray.org>
> >  You lost me there ... what are you evaluating ?
>
> The single color of each tile.
>
> > and ... faster than what ???
>
> Than setting the color inside the loop which places the tiles, something
> like #declare p1=0; #if (p1=0) #declare Color=red #else ...
> --
> Jonathan

Hmmmm ... so what is eval looking at to determine the color/texture ?
You still place the tiles but when and how do you color them ?
Sorry . . . how you are doing this still escapes me and it seems that a
decision still has to be made somewhere in the code to determine what
texture to apply . . .

An example would do me much better as then I can see it ...
would you be willing to share some simple code that demos the color
evaluation and then the coloring and placement?
Thanks.